FAQ & Safety
General Safety and Release Instructions
The most important point to remember when releasing your lanterns is to have fun and be safe! Sky Lanterns, Floating Lanterns and Deco Light Luminarias Involve Fire. As a result, you must be cautious, as you would with fireworks or any other flammable resource and open flame. Please read, fully understand and follow these General Safety and Release Instructions prior order confirmation.
1. Familiarize yourself with the lanterns before lighting. Ensure the lantern is fully opened, not creased or at an angle. Check the wind direction prior to releasing any lanterns. This will allow you to ensure that there are no likely obstacles. Do not release any lanterns within a five mile radius of an airport or landing strip. The flight path of the lanterns should avoid buildings and trees. Never use Sky Lanterns near airports, roads, dry standing crops, or in places where they may be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
2. Releasing lanterns should take place under dead calm wind conditions, clear skies and large open space. Do not release lanterns in winds stronger than 1mph.
3. Prior to use, all lanterns should be kept in a dry, secure area away from children. Unpack the lanterns away from the source of ignition. Never light lanterns whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Sky Lanterns are safe when used correctly but are not toys and should not be used by children. Children in the launch area must be kept under strict supervision at all times.
4. Always wear protective clothing when lighting the lanterns. This should include using gloves and non-flammable clothes. Wear sensible clothing that is does not dangle around your hands or flap around any flame.
5. Make sure you have water and / or fire extinguishers at hand. Enjoy yourself, whisper a wish into your lanterns and be safe!
IMPORTANT: ALWAYS TAKE CARE WHEN USING A NAKED FLAME TO LIGHT THE LANTERN! IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE FIRER TO USE THE PRODUCT SAFELY AND ACCORDINGLY TO LOCAL LAWS. IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND THIRD PARTIES, EXERCISE ALWAYS DILIGENCE BY USING COMMON SENSE WHEN HANDLING NAKED FLAMES AND HANDLING FLAMMABLE COMPONENTS. THE USE OF SKY LANTERNS MUST BE APPROVED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES OF THE COUNTRY IN QUESTION. THE USER IN THE RESPECTIVE COUNTRY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FOLLOWING THE SET SAFETY GUIDLINES AND LOCAL REGULATIONS. ENSURE DEAD CALM WEATHER CONDITIONS, CLEAR SKIES AND LARGE OPEN SPACE. LIGHT WIND TO MAX. 1MPH! REMEMBER THAT EACH SKY LANTERN IS QUITE LARGE, IS A POTENTIAL FIRE HAZARD, AND HAS TO LAND SOMEWHERE. NOT A TOY FOR CHILDREN.